LAS VEGAS – The Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® (GLVAR) presented its annual awards this week to some of its leading and longtime members, including Robert Andy Stahl, who was named GLVAR’s REALTOR® of the Year for 2019.
As part of its annual installation of incoming officers and board members for 2020 held Dec. 14 at the M Resort Spa and Casino, GLVAR presented its top annual award to Stahl, a longtime local REALTOR® whose accomplishments include leading annual trips to Tijuana, Mexico to build homes for people living in poverty.
GLVAR’s annual awards recognize exceptional leadership and contributions to the association, the real estate profession and the community, 2019 GLVAR President Janet Carpenter said. Other GLVAR award winners include:
• Norma Jean Opatik – Ronn Reiss Award for educational excellence and leadership.
• GLVAR CEO Wendy DiVecchio – Gene Nebeker Memorial Award for professionalism and service to the GLVAR and the community.
• David R. Tina – Frank Sala/Marv Rubin Award (formerly called the Frank Sala Award and now also honoring longtime GLVAR leader Marv Rubin) recognizing long-term commitment to grassroots political action and to protecting private property rights.
• Marv Rubin – Jack Woodcock Distinguished Service Award.
• Forrest Barbee, Walt Coffey and Dale Puhl – GLVAR Hall of Fame inductees.
About the GLVAR
GLVAR was founded in 1947 and provides its more than 15,000 local members with education, training and political representation. The local representative of the National Association of REALTORS®, GLVAR is the largest professional organization in Southern Nevada. Each GLVAR member receives the highest level of professional training and must abide by a strict code of ethics. For more information, visit www.LasVegasRealtor.com.