LAS VEGAS – Southwest Medical Lifestyle Centers are places for older adults to laugh, learn and stay healthy. They are a great place to:
- Try programs to improve your health
- Take advantage of daily group activities
- Meet friends, share a cup of coffee, play cards, learn to use a computer or just talk
The social club is open to the community. You don’t need to be a patient of Southwest Medical to enjoy the activities. The following are events scheduled for the Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East (5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100) for the month of November:
- Beginner Line Dancing – Have fun and get fit by joining others to learn basic line dance steps. Each Monday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. Call 702-797-2353.
- Bereavement Support Group – gain much needed support during a difficult time. Every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. Call 702-797-2353.
- Chi Gong – A slow, smooth, stretching and meditative exercise for all ages. The exercises can be done in a standing or seated position. Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. Call 702-797-2353.
- Computer Class – older adults can learn more at this class offered each Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to Noon. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. Call 702-797-2353.
- Getting to Know You – Join others for conversation and laughter during an informal weekly get together. Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. No RSVP required.
- Wii Bowling – a great way for older adults to stay active and make new friends. Each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Fridays. Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East, 5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100. Call 702-797-2353.
Join Gretchen Pohaski PA-C from Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, for “The Skinny on Skin,” and learn about: how aging affects the skin; the most common skin conditions affecting seniors; and, the warning signs of skin cancer. It happens Friday, November 16 at 1 PM, at the Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – East (5820 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 100). Plan to come early for our Lifestyle Center Open House from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Please RSVP by calling 1-855-606-1424. Visit SMALV.COM for a calendar of events and other social happenings and activities!
About Southwest Medical Associates
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCareTM, was founded in Las Vegas in 1972 and is Nevada’s largest multispecialty medical group with 370 local health care providers in over 30 health care centers, including seven convenient care centers, six urgent care centers, two outpatient surgery centers and two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, plus access to a network of 630 providers throughout southern Nevada.
Our full spectrum of health care services includes Southwest Medical Associates Hospice, improving the quality of life for people experiencing a terminal illness. We bring care and comfort home to our patients through Home Health Services, Home Care Plus and Total Home Care and Palliative Care, part of the continuum of care for all stages of a person’s life. For more than four decades we have provided this experienced, compassionate, innovative and high-quality care to patients throughout Southern Nevada. From our 24-hour urgent care center to industry-leading technology such as convenient e-visits and online options like the NowClinic® telemedicine platform, Southwest Medical’s goal is to bring patients the health care they want, the way they want it.
For more information: SMALV.COM.