Donor Network West, northern Nevada and northern California’s federally-designated non-profit organ procurement organization, is proud to announce the inception of its Northern Nevada Advisory Council. With more than 600 Nevadans waiting for life-saving organ transplants, council members have been recruited to champion the cause of organ and tissue donation in the community to help heal and save more lives.
Donor Network West is honored to welcome these community leaders to their role on the council, led by co-chairs Hillary Schieve, Mayor of the City of Reno and Janice Whaley, President and CEO of Donor Network West:
- Dr. Muge Akpinar-Elci, Dean, School of Public Health, University of Nevada, Reno
- Sharon Chamberlain, CEO, Northern Nevada HOPES
- Tiffany Coury, CEO, Saint Mary’s Health Network
- Oscar Delgado, Vice Mayor, City of Reno
- Adam Heinz, Executive Director, REMSA Health
- Alexis Hill, Vice Chair, Washoe County Board of County Commissioners – District 1
- Patrick Kelly, President and CEO, Nevada Hospital Association
- Dr. Laura Knight, Chief Medical Examiner and Coroner, Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office
- Stephanie Kruse, Founder and Board Chair, KPS3
- Dr. Susan Lee, Chief Medical Officer, Renown Health
- Helen Lidholm, CEO, Northern Nevada Medical Center
- William B. Lyons Jr., Pastor, Greater New Hope Baptist Church
- Sherri Rice, CEO, Access to Healthcare Network
- Ann Silver, CEO, Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce
- Dian VanderWell, Council Member, City of Sparks – Ward 2
“I sincerely thank each person for their ongoing commitment to improve the health and well-being of our northern Nevada community,” said Mayor Schieve. “I’m honored to serve alongside these community leaders who will help us educate the community about the importance of organ, eye and tissue donation.”
“We work throughout the northern Nevada community to save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation from generous donors on behalf of more than 600 Nevadans who await a lifesaving gift,” Janice Whaley, president and CEO of Donor Network West, said. “In partnership with the northern Nevada community, Donor Network West has been able to help give many Nevadans a second chance at life. We are honored to begin working with each of the new Northern Nevada Advisory Council members and thank them for their service to this important mission. Together, we will help save and heal more lives.”
The council will lead outreach efforts in their communities – with a special focus on underrepresented communities – to create and improve opportunities for people to better understand, embrace and consider registering to be a donor. These council members will be instrumental in advising Donor Network West in identifying new opportunities to promote its mission throughout northern Nevada and provide guidance through challenges or barriers around transplantation.
Anyone can register to be an organ donor. To learn more and to register as an organ donor, visit DonorNetworkWest.org.