LAS VEGAS – The Nevada Bankers Association (NBA) announced its newly elected 2021-22 board of directors at its annual meeting last month.
The board will oversee the association’s strategic direction, legislative advocacy efforts, professional development offerings and member services.
Craig Kirkland, senior vice president of retail banking at Nevada State Bank, was installed as chairman and accepted the gavel from Ryan Sullivan, president and CEO of Bank of George, who served as 2020-2021 chairman of NBA’s board.
Kirkland heads up Nevada State Bank’s retail branch system. A graduate of Occidental College and a 2013 graduate of Pacific Coast Banking School, he has more than 28 years of industry experience. Kirkland also has a passion for contributing to his industry and community, including serving on the board for the Las Vegas Rescue Mission and for the Henderson Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to Kirkland, 2021-2022 NBA officers include:
· Ken Mundt, NBA chair-elect, Town & Country Bank
· BJ North, NBA vice chair, Plumas Bank
· Joyce Smith, NBA treasurer, Bank of Nevada
· H. Scott Johnson, NBA secretary, Valley Bank of Nevada
In addition to the executive officers, directors are:
· Brian Cook, Charles Schwab Trust Company
· Brian Formisano, Well Fargo Bank
· David Navarro, Enterprise Bank and Trust
· Al Welch, Bank of America
About Nevada Bankers Association
NBA is the united voice of Nevada’s diverse banking industry. Members are dedicated to providing the best financial products, services and resources to drive and support economic growth, job creation and prosperity throughout the state of Nevada. Visit www.nvbankers.org.