In celebration of Black History Month, Lamar Advertising of Las Vegas, is participating in a national digital Out of Home campaign to honor and recognize African American men and women who achieved “firsts” in their respective fields.
Throughout the month of February, Lamar will feature the following prominent African Americans on Lamar digital billboards located in Las Vegas.
▪ Guion Bluford: First African American in space
▪ Gwendolyn Brooks: First African American Pulitzer Prize winner
▪ Juanita Hall: First African American Tony winner
▪ Mary Eliza Mahoney: First African American nurse
▪ John Baxter Taylor Jr: First African American Olympic Gold Medalist
▪ Booker T. Washington: First African American on a U.S. postage stamp
About Lamar Advertising Company
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company (Nasdaq: LAMR) is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world, with over 357,500 displays across the United States and Canada. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of billboard, interstate logo, transit and airport advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad audiences every day. In addition to its more traditional out of home inventory, Lamar is proud to offer its customers the largest network of digital billboards in the United States with over 3,600 displays. Please feel free to explore our website www.lamar.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.