The College of Southern Nevada is launching “Weekend College” in the spring 2021 semester to help get our community back to work.
Weekend College will offer certificates in Business, Education, Engineering, Healthcare, Information Technology, Welding and Air Conditioning Technology. It gives Southern Nevadans a chance to pick up a specialty in their current field, or earn industry recognized certificates, by attending classes on weekends only with selected online offerings. Some programs can be completed in a single weekend, and others can last up to one calendar year.
“Weekend College is just one way that CSN is responding to the great need in Southern Nevada for workforce training programs that help ensure our workers are trained, skilled, and ready to enter the workforce from day one,” said CSN President Dr. Federico Zaragoza. “We have focused our programs on areas where we know local businesses need skilled employees.”
Designed to accommodate the needs of busy students, CSN’s Weekend College offers the same highquality instruction and resources as classes taught during the week. Courses are offered in both for-credit and non-credit industry areas.
Those who choose Weekend College can expect:
• to more easily balance studies with work and life responsibilities
• a shorter time commitment
• to come to campus on weekends only with classes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• to benefit from academic support and a mapped course schedule that is easy to follow
• convenience, with all classes for the same program taught at the same location
• ease of access to program locations with less traffic
• financial aid, scholarship and workforce funding eligibility in selected programs
Information sessions on Weekend College are scheduled for December 12, December 19, January 8 and January 9.
To register, apply, or just to learn more about Weekend College, visit csn.edu/weekendcollege.