LAS VEGAS – Cure 4 The Kids Foundation is instituting a number of health screening guidelines to protect patients and medical staff as well as the ability to maintain a viral-free environment in the clinic during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As Nevada’s only pediatric cancer treatment center we understand that patients undergoing treatment for cancer and other conditions are immune-compromised, making them highly susceptible to infections. For that reason, every person entering the clinic will now undergo a pre-screening in our fist floor triage area.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020:
- Only patients and one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed in the clinic for scheduled appointments. Siblings of patients, an additional parent or other family members will not be allowed in the clinic. This rule will be enforced.
- Prior to entering the clinic, everyone will undergo a medical screening that includes a required temperature check and several medical questions about their health. This screening applies to everyone, including patients, their parent, clinic staff, laboratory vendors picking up tests, cleaning crews, facilities representatives and on-site security personnel.
- While in the triage area, it is your duty to notify the staff if a patient or anyone in the home has any symptoms that include high fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Patients, parents and medical staff must wash their hands thoroughly before coming to the clinic, and should sanitize their hands and the hands of their child before entering (a) the elevator to the clinic, (b) the waiting room, (c) the exam rooms and (d) the infusion suite. Sanitizing liquid stations are set up near the above areas.
- Do not come to the clinic without an appointment. Call the clinic, 702-732-1493, if your child is not feeling well. At this time we cannot accommodate walk-in appointments and those who show up without one will be sent home or to the hospital.
- All clinic tours, visits, and volunteer work are canceled until further notice.
In addition to the above guidelines, Cure 4 The Kids Foundation is increasing the frequency of its clinic cleaning and sanitization procedures.
“Our number one priority is the health of our patients who are at increased risk of picking up infections due to their compromised immune systems,” said Annette Logan-Parker, president & CEO, Cure 4 The Kids Foundation. “These new guidelines we’ve put in place will allow our clinic to continue to serve our patients —who are in need of continued treatment — in a clean environment. For that reason, everyone will need to comply with the guidelines,” said Logan-Parker.
Cure 4 The Kids Foundation also suggests the community utilize these precautions that will help you keep your family safe and healthy.
- For groceries or pharmacy, use the “drive-up” service if possible.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
- When out in public, keep away from others who might be sick, limit your close contact and observe social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet away from others.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible and in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, stay home as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid any non-essential travel
About Cure 4 The Kids Foundation
We are Nevada’s only pediatric cancer treatment center and facility for childhood catastrophic diseases. Founded in Las Vegas in 2007 as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit , Cure 4 The Kids Foundation exists to advance cures and prevention of childhood cancer through clinical excellence, research and innovation. We are proudly accredited by The Joint Commission. This stringent medical accreditation and the required unannounced inspections ensure that patients are getting the best care possible. From the beginning, the mission of Cure 4 The Kids Foundation has been to bring increased community access to these specialized treatments that are leading the way to improved patient outcomes. Our Patient Care Program provides the highest quality treatment for everyone, no matter their financial situation. No patient is turned away because of their family’s inability to pay. www.cure4thekids.org