RENO, Nev. – The Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® (RSAR) is now accepting project applications for its annual “REALTORS® Build A Better Block” project.
REALTORS® Build a Better Block (RBBB) gives organizations the opportunity to submit project plans to create a new public space by transforming an underused or unused space into a community meeting place that will be accessible to everyone.
Organizations must meet the following project criteria:
• Project should be located outside (not inside a building) in Washoe County or Fernley
• Project must be a “multi-functional” space for everyone in the community, including amenities for everyone (i.e. seating, paths, artwork, etc.)
• Project must be compliant with city permitting and zoning
• Project must incorporate the Power of Ten by offering at least 10 things to do or 10 reasons to be there (i.e. sitting area to read, history to experience, people to meet, area to play, people to watch, outdoors to enjoy, things to learn, etc.)
• Additional grant money may be available for projects to fund the creation and building of NEW public spaces
Once applications are reviewed, there will then be a voting process to select a project winner. The chosen winner will receive $2,500 in funding and assistance to plan, organize and implement the project.
Visit our website at http://www.rsar.net/consumer-tools/realtors-build-a-better-block/ to learn more about the project requirements and to apply. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2019.
The Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® is an organization providing services to its members to ensure their success as real estate professionals, as well as protecting and promoting the consumer’s dream of homeownership. For more information visit rsar.net.