Own a small business? If so, It’s likely the last few weeks of 2018 are dedicated to the often-tedious process of analyzing the tactical parts of running your business. One of the most important areas competing for an owner’s attention is workers’ compensation. There are many questions associated with workers’ compensation insurance, which is where the BBSI Las Vegas team is often called upon to provide expert guidance.
The BBSI team partners with businesses to develop a blueprint for success that includes workers’ compensation as well as human resources, payroll and risk management. “Most of the time, workers’ compensation is confusing for business owners, So much in fact, it’s one of the main reasons people seek out the expertise of BBSI,” says Jeff Kohl, area manager of BBSI’s Las Vegas Branch. “Our senior-level professionals take a five-step approach when partnering with owners to create an effective workers’ compensation structure.” The five steps include:
- Risk Management – Identify and quantify exposures to implement procedures to reduce likelihood of injuries.
- GAP Analysis – Finding out where the business currently is with compliance and company safety culture versus where the company should be. “Based on the GAP Analysis, we develop a plan to get the owner where they need to be,” adds Kohl.
- Reduce Experience Modification Rate (EMR / EXMOD) – Companies with higher than 1.0 EMR / EXMOD rates pay more for workers’ compensation than those with under 1.0. Past claims are evaluated, and current exposures are identified by BBSI to develop strategies to lower EMR / EXMOD.
- Safety Training – Kohl explains, “Our personalized approach includes going into workplaces to educate the workforce on the cost of claims. We also review with employees their responsibilities to identify, report and fix hazard conditions.”
- Safety programs / Requirements – Assist in developing and implementing required safety programs that are mandated by Federal / State agencies.
Clients say the following about BBSI’s work in workers’ compensation: “My relationship with BBSI started off because we needed workers’ comp; then I realized what they do and how many areas BBSI covers. The BBSI team became not just people I deal with on workers’ compensation, they became part of my team.” – Ryan Dustin, Owner & President, Aspen Earthworks
BBSI partners with growing companies by delivering the resources of a large company to small and mid-size companies. To reach the BBSI team in Las Vegas, call 702.832.2120, e-mail Jeff.Kohl@bbsihq.com or visit http://bbsilasvegas.com/ and Facebook.
BBSI, a long-standing, leading provider of business management solutions, opened in Las Vegas in July. BBSI helps businesses of all sizes in the Las Vegas market improve the efficiency of their operations. Founded in 1951 and with 101 teams in 58 physical locations, BBSI partners with businesses to develop a blueprint for success that includes important areas such as human resources, payroll, workers’ compensation and risk management, as well as business management coaching. More may be found on www.BBSILasVegas.com.