Workforce Connections (WC), Southern Nevada’s Local Workforce Development Board, announces seven new board members.
- Mary Beth Sewald, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Guy Martin, Martin-Harris Construction
- Renee Boyce, My Next Career Path Staffing
- Linda Gerstenberger, Dignity Health
- Duana Malone, Tech Queen Systems LLC
- Brenda Flank, Conservative Alliance for Community Growth
- Jared Smith, Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
The Workforce Connections Board oversees local activities and initiatives defined by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014.
The board is appointed by the Southern Nevada Workforce Development Area’s Chief Local Elected Officials Consortium (LEOs), and is composed of a diverse group of community and business leaders who understand the local labor market and work to align resources to meet local area needs.
The new board members will serve three year terms, ending June 30, 2021.
About Workforce Connections (WC):
WC convenes the public workforce development system in Southern Nevada. As the Local Workforce Development Board, WC connects employers to a ready workforce through a network of One-Stop Career Centers that provide education, training and employment opportunities. For more information on these resources visit: www.nvcareercenter.org.