The Nevada Health Care Forum (NVHCF), the largest gathering of health care professionals in the state, will host its 11th annual forum to address the changes affecting the nation’s health care systems. Hosting many of the industry’s leading health care executives, in addition to state and federal officials, this year’s forum will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at Enclave event center in Las Vegas.
This year’s event will highlight and address the national impact of health care reform, and the evolution of changes in health care from health and wellness, enhancements in technology, consumer engagement, healthcare quality and implementation of significant health care policies and strategies. The one-day forum includes keynote speakers, panels, and discussions about relevant topics from a diverse range of industry experts.
NVHCF is proud to provide four new and exciting key presentations for attendees this year:
- Halee Fischer-Wright, M.D., National President and CEO of MGMA, and author of Back to Balance: The Art, Science and Business of Medicine, will present a unique prescription for fixing America’s health care woes, based on her thirty years of experience as a physician and industry leader.
- John Gorman, Founder & Executive Chair of The Gorman Health Group, will discuss the outlook for Medicare and Medicaid in Year 3 of the Trump Administration.
- J.D. Kleinke, medical economist & author, will outline how organizations can avoid the pitfalls and seize the opportunities associated with the long overdue computerization of American medicine in his presentation: American Medicine 2.0 – the Revolution will be computerized.
- Kevin Riddleberger, MBA, MS, PA-C, will discuss personalized health care beyond the traditional brick and mortar.
Key panels and discussions at this year’s forum include:
- Industry leader’s view of the “National State of Health Care.”
- Health care issues impacting the “State of Nevada.”
- Disaster Preparedness: the role in disaster preparedness and response efforts for natural or human-made disasters, pandemic outbreaks or terrorist attacks.
- Technology: major IT implementation and its impact on clinical outcomes.
- Personnel: leadership and employer trends in health care.
Each year, hundreds of Nevada’s health care leaders gather at the Nevada Health Care Forum to attend panels and discussions about relevant industry topics from prestigious speakers. Attendees span a wide variety of interests and professions related to the health care industry, including providers, employer group and health plan/insurance executives, government officials, students, members of the media and consumers. More than 350 people attended the forum last year. Past speakers have included governors, U.S. senators and representatives, executives of prominent health care companies and policy leaders.
“The Nevada Health Care Forum provides a valuable opportunity to learn more about our health care issues from some of the most respected industry experts our nation has to offer,” said Todd Lefkowitz, member of the Nevada Health Care Forum steering committee. “This year’s forum promises to be exciting and thought-provoking as the pace of our health care services, systems and patient care continues to accelerate. Anyone invested in the future of health care in Nevada and beyond is encouraged to attend and gain important insights from a wide range of knowledgeable speakers.”
The public is invited to attend the 11th Annual Nevada Health Care Forum. For registration information and prices, visit www.nevadahealthcareforum.com.
For more information, please follow the Nevada Health Care Forum on its Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/NVHealthCareForum, or follow its Twitter account, @NVHealthForum.
About the Nevada Health Care Forum
The Annual Nevada Health Care Forum brings together Nevada’s health care leaders covering a broad section of the industry, including providers and provider executives (physicians, nurses, allied health providers); hospital, post-acute care facility and ancillary care provider executives, academia, employer group and health plan/insurance executives, government officials, students, media and consumers of health care. Past speakers include governors, U.S. Senators and Representatives, CEOs of large hospitals, medical groups and other health care companies, professional health care industry executives, policy leaders and more.
The Forum’s Host and Affiliate Organizations include The Nevada Chapters of the American College of health care Executives (ACHE), health care Financial Management Association (HFMA), health care Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and Nevada Medical Group Management Association (NVMGMA), in conjunction with the Clark County Medical Society, Case Management Association of Las Vegas, Las Vegas HEALS, Nevada Advanced Practice Nurses Association, Nevada Health Information Management Association, Nevada Nurses Association, Nevada State Board of Nursing, Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, and Washoe County Medical Society.
The public is invited to attend. Registration is now open. For registration information and prices, visit www.nevadahealthcareforum.com.