LOS ANGELES – Pacific Retail Capital Partners (PRCP) based in Los Angeles, CA was honored with several awards of distinction during the 2018 Global Awards sponsored by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). The awards ceremony was held in Las Vegas at RECon, the world’s largest retail real estate convention. PRCP won seven awards – a gold, five silver, and the Special Distinction Innovation Award. The MAXI Awards showcase the retail real estate industry’s most innovative events, programs and technologies that add value to shopping centers and companies across the country.
The shopping centers in the PRCP portfolio that utilized a myriad of resources to re-energize centers, drive traffic, increase sales and give back to their respective communities, resulting in a MAXI award include Paseo Nuevo in Santa Barbara, CA; Eastridge Center in San Jose, CA; The Shops at South Town in Sandy, UT; Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL; and Tivoli Village in Las Vegas, NV. “I have the distinct honor of collaborating with a talented group of people and companies to take Pacific Retail to the next level and create impressionable experiences for our guests”, said Najla Kayyem, Senior Vice President of Marketing, who accepted the awards on behalf of PRCP.
With the power of innovation, leadership and teamwork, PRCP was the recipient of the following awards:
- Gold in Business-to-Business Shopping Centers under 500,000 square feet: Taste for the SpaceTM at The Shops at South Town and Eastridge Center. With the goal of generating a leasing pipeline of local restaurateurs and culinary professionals, the team creatively marketed tenant improvement dollars and an enticing lease package encouraging chefs to compete to win the space. With a prize package including six months free rent, a $50,000 investment prize and turn-key dining space, Taste for the SpaceTM was born and has proven to be successful in identifying and securing first-class regional food purveyors.
- Silver in Sales Activation Shopping Centers more than 500,001 square feet: Christmas in the Wizarding World – A Harry Potter themed retail experience at The Shops at South Town. Christmas in the Wizarding World, a first of its kind retail experience, was reminiscent of the setting and atmosphere of a wintry Hogsmeade village. Complete with an extensive wand assortment, film-inspired window displays and interactive elements, the themed shopping experience was a hit with fans of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World.
- Silver in Net Operating Income Enhancements – Leasing/Specialty Leasing – Shopping Centers under 500,000 square feet: #PoppingUpAtPaseo at Paseo Nuevo Shops & Restaurants. The pop-up shop program gives startups and entrepreneurs a site to introduce their brand to shoppers in today’s changing retail environment and activated a common area location that was not historically producing income, yet, was strategically chosen to attract new shoppers from the bordering main street.
- Silver in Public Relations Shopping centers more than 500,001 square feet: Experience Joy at Tivoli Village. The holiday program served as a multi-faceted seasonal campaign aimed at curating special moments for guests and aligning local causes through “12 Days of Giving.” Ranging from unique events and moments, influencer marketing, a Santa experience and more, the event drove traffic and sales, increased awareness, raised funds for charity and generated millions of dollars in media.
- Silver in Grand Opening/Redevelopment/Expansion/Renovations Shopping Centers over 500,001 square feet: Eastridge Center Mural Program. By establishing a visual public presence from the street, Eastridge’s goal was to engage the community in celebrating art, while drawing traffic to the center and solidifying the center as a cultural hub and a catalyst for public art in a private space. With a dedication to fostering community collaboration and partnerships, the program commenced with a call for local and world-renowned artists to reimagine 20,000-square-feet of blank exterior brick, stucco and tiled walls into transformed, expansive murals. Four burgeoning artists were selected to create timeless, eclectic pieces that resulted in the largest collection of outdoor murals on a shopping center.
- Silver in New/Emerging Technology: ShareRails Virtual Shopper at The Shops at South Town, Yorktown Center and Eastridge Center. Enhance center websites, increase online results, drive traffic to its merchants and boost the consumer experience. This new channel would also enable them to track consumer preferences which will later be used to drive personalized digital content. Branding the platform as “Virtual Shopper,” the team was able to digitize the center catalogs and drive incredible results, providing a clear online-to-offline path to purchase.
- Special Distinction for Marketing Innovation: ShareRails Virtual Shopper. Partnering with innovative technology allows consumers in the surrounding area to search for products online and find them at their local shopping center. This provides tenants the ability to compete with online giants. The platform makes retailer products searchable and discoverable online.
“We are fortunate to not only have some of the most passionate and talented marketing people in the industry on our team, we also have an incredibly savvy group of investors who partner with us to execute these award-winning initiatives,” said Gary Karl, Chief Operating Officer for PRCP.
About Pacific Retail Capital Partners
Pacific Retail Capital Partners (PRCP) is one of the nation’s premier retail operating groups of large open-air centers and enclosed malls, with more than $1.8 billion in retail assets presently under management in the United States. Based in Southern California, PRCP provides end-to-end sourcing, assessment, underwriting, valuing, developing, and asset management of retail real estate with a proven track record of repositioning retail properties. PRCP strategically manages over 11 million square feet of regional malls and open-air lifestyle centers. The Executive team has over 150 years of collective real estate expertise with deep experience in leasing, marketing, operations, design, development, investment, and finance. With a keen focus on enhancing the value and quality of its growing portfolio, PRCP is dedicated to creating a unique, strategic vision for each property and exceeding the highest expectations of retail investors, retailers, and consumers. To learn more visit www.pacificretail.com or follow us on social media at:
The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is the world-wide trade association of the shopping center industry and serves the global retail real estate community. Their 70,000+ member network provides over 100 countries with invaluable resources, connections and industry insights, and work together to shape public policy. For more information about ICSC visit www.icsc.org.