Goettl Air Conditioning owner Ken Goodrich suggests planning ahead to keep your family safe and comfortable.
1. Check your filters. A clogged filter reduces airflow into the system and reduces the output of cooled air. Restricted airflow also strains the system, increasing the chance for failure.
2. Close draperies. Keep drapes and blinds closed to keep out direct sun.
3. Mind your gadgets. Minimize use of heat-producing appliances (ovens, dishwasher, dryers) during the day’s peak heat. Rely more on the microwave for cooking or better yet, grill outside.
4. Go programmable. Install a programmable thermostat so you can raise the temperature set point a few degrees while you’re away. Keep this within 5 degrees of your normal setting; more may be counterproductive, requiring additional energy to reduce the temperature to your original setting.
5. Circulate the air with ceiling fans. A ceiling fan won’t change the temperature, the moving air helps you feel cooler.
6. Maintain your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance helps keep your system running at peak efficiency and will prolong the life of the equipment. The Energy Star program recommends two services per year; one in spring to prepare for the cooling season and one in the fall for the heating season.
About Goettl Air Conditioning:
Goettl Air Conditioning was originally created by Gust and Adam Goettl in 1939 and came to the Las Vegas Valley in 1968. As a result of the recession, the company left Southern Nevada in 2007. Ken Goodrich purchased the Arizona company in 2013 and, in April 2016, opened a branch office in his hometown of Las Vegas, where his love of the Goettl product first began.
As a 10-year-old boy, Goodrich held the flashlight when his father went out on evening service calls to repair air conditioners; as he worked, the soft-spoken patriarch imparted knowledge and wisdom that would stay with Goodrich for life: “When a person needs help, you respond right away, not when it’s convenient for you;” “Always do the right thing; always do what’s right” and “The Goettl Iron Horse is a magnificent machine; nothing else even comes close.”
For more information on Goettl Air Conditioning, visit http://www.goettl.com