LAS VEGAS – Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisees are turning over their restaurants to some very special individuals for a very special cause. Dunkin’ Donuts is hosting its third annual “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge” from 10 a.m. to noon on Friday, May 20. Local celebrities and personalities will be working at select Dunkin’ Donuts locations to raise awareness for Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation’s Camp Cartwheel.
NVCCF’s Camp Cartwheel is an outdoor three-night camp experience designed to help children with cancer or other critical illnesses, as well as their siblings, overcome the physical, mental and emotional obstacles posed by childhood disease. Last year’s event raised more than $12,000, allowing the organization to send 50 children to Camp Cartwheel.
Participants for this year’s event include:
- The cast of Counting Cars on The History Channel – 3481 S. Durango Drive (Durango Road and Spring Mountain Road)
- The cast of FANTASY at the Luxor Hotel & Casino – 171 Gibson Road, Henderson, NV, 89014 (215 Beltway and Gibson Road)
- Pro BMX Rider Ricardo Laguna and Lisa Song Sutton, host of “Live with Lisa” on Cox Channel 96 – 5959 West Sahara Avenue (Sahara Avenue and Jones Boulevard)
- The casts of Marriage Can be Murder, Defending the Caveman and Adam London Laughternoon at The D Hotel & Casino – 6295 S. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Rainbow Boulevard and Post Road)
- Cast members from Legends in Concert at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino – 409 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Silverado Ranch and Bermuda Road)
- The cast of Menopause the Musical, Harrah’s Hotel & Casino – 3350 E. Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Tropicana Avenue & Pecos)
- B-Boy Benstacks from Supercr3w with The Blend DJ Institute – 11710 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135 (West Charleston Boulevard and 215 Beltway)
- Miss Nevada Organization – 5861 W. Craig Road, Las Vegas, NV 89130 (Craig Road and Jones Boulevard)
- JayR Beatbox – 7430 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Las Vegas Boulevard and Warm Springs Road)
- Dao Vu, TV Personality – 6935 N. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89149 (Deer Springs Way and Durango Road)
- Brittney Cason, co-host of BS in the Morning with Brittney and Sparks on KOMP 92.3 – 6795 Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Tropicana Avenue and Rainbow Boulevard)
- Comedian Matt Kazman from Tropicana Hotel & Casino – 7250 S. Durango Dr. #100, Las Vegas, NV (Warm Springs Road and Durango Road)
- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue with Aimee Montgomery and Brian Hammer from The Star Morning Show on Star 107.9 – 10100 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson, NV 89052 (St. Rose Parkway and Eastern Avenue)
- Rosario Grajales, RosarioKnows.com, blogger and Hispanic TV Personality – 4125 S. Eastern Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Flamingo Road & Eastern Avenue)
- Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation – 5485 Simmons Street, North Las Vegas NV 89031 (Ann Road and Simmons Street)
Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisee groups will donate funds to Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation that match the gross sales generated from 10 a.m. to noon on Friday, May 20. Purchase of Dunkin’ K-Cup packs, Dunkin’ Donuts merchandise and gift cards do not apply.
For more information about the Dunkin’ Donuts “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge,” please visit www.LVDonuts.com. For more information on Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation and its Camp Cartwheel, please visit www.NVCCF.org.
About Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
The Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation (NCCF) is a local non-profit organization providing services in Southern Nevada since 1993. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for critically ill children and their families living in our community. When a child is diagnosed with cancer or other life threatening illness they can look to the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation for support, hope, and courage.
The mission of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation is to provide social, emotional, educational, and psychological support services and programs to families of ALL children diagnosed with life threatening or critical illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell, hemophilia, renal disorders, and immunologic diseases and provide healing arts and wellness programs to adults touched by cancer and to chronically ill children and their caregivers.
About Dunkin’ Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 10 years running. The company has more than 11,700 restaurants in 43 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ Donuts is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.