LAS VEGAS – The Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS (GLVAR) presented its annual awards this week to some of its leading members, including 2014 President Heidi Kasama, who was named REALTOR of the Year.
As part of its annual installation of new officers and board members for 2016 held Dec. 12 at the Four Seasons Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip, the GLVAR presented its top annual award to Kasama, a longtime local REALTOR who works at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services – Nevada Properties in Las Vegas. She was honored for serving as a leader in the real estate profession and in the community, association officials said.
Other GLVAR award winners for 2015 included:
• Gene Nebeker Memorial Award for outstanding service to the GLVAR and the community – David Crete.
• Ronn Reiss Award for educational excellence and leadership – Ronnie Vause.
• Frank Sala/Marv Rubin Award recognizing long-term commitment to grassroots political action and to protecting private property rights – Lillian Spencer.
• Jack Woodcock Professionalism Award – Rosa Herwick.
• GLVAR Hall of Fame inductees – David Brownell, 2013 GLVAR President Dave Tina Sr. and Robyn Yates.
About the GLVAR
GLVAR was founded in 1947 and provides its more than 12,500 local members with education, training and political representation. The local representative of the National Association of REALTORS®, GLVAR is the largest professional organization in Southern Nevada. Each GLVAR member receives the highest level of professional training and must abide by a strict code of ethics. For more information, visit www.LasVegasRealtor.com or www.HomeLasVegas.com.