L AS VEGAS – Managing your most valuable asset – your employees – can mean the difference between success and failure in today’s competitive marketplace.
For a discussion on this topic, Nevada State Bank presents a free webinar, “HR Insights: From Hiring to Firing,” on Tuesday, July 28, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time. Our panelists will discuss HR issues and noteworthy laws that affect the day-to-day operations, practices and policies of Nevada businesses in 2015. To register, the public can visit www.nsbank.com/webinar.
The webinar will cover several topics of vital importance to business owners, including:
- Recruiting and hiring
- Bringing new employees onboard
- Reviews, evaluations and documentation
- Retaining a quality team
- Termination: legal issues to consider
Featuring Nevada-based leaders in human resources and employment law, this webinar will answer many of the questions that business owners have, including setting up correct HR policies and procedures from the start, in addition to managing employment issues during growth and steps to avoid potential legal problems. Led by Jill Bell, executive vice president and human resources director for Nevada State Bank, the expert panel guests include:
- Tammie Grenier, SPHR – Grenier is human resources director at Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, and has many years of experience in the human resources field. During the last 15 years, she has served as HR director for Nevada companies in a variety of industries, including education, healthcare, construction, and entertainment. This gives her a unique perspective on the issues and challenges facing Nevada employers, both large and small.
- Molly M. Rezac – Rezac is an attorney in the law firm of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. in Reno. She focuses her efforts on employment litigation matters, including claims for discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, and more. She also advises companies on employment matters, including formulating employment policies and drafting employee handbooks, and regularly presents seminars regarding federal and state employment law.
The webinar “HR Insights: From Hiring to Firing,” is offered for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or other professional advice. Consult with an attorney or other professional concerning your own needs and circumstances. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers are not necessarily those of Nevada State Bank, Zions Bancorporation or its affiliates.
Through NevadaSmallBusiness.com, Nevada State Bank hosts informative webinars providing advice, guidance and business resources to Nevadans. These webinars offer insight from some of the country’s top advisors to the desktops of business owners, entrepreneurs and consumers. For more resources, visit www.nevadasmallbusiness.com directly.
About NevadaSmallBusiness.com (@NevadaSmallBusiness)
NevadaSmallBusiness.com, a resource site created by Nevada State Bank, contains information on SBA program options, business articles, previous webinars and other resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs. The site provides a one-stop location for business resources.
About Nevada State Bank (@NevadaStateBank)
Nevada State Bank, with assets of more than $4.0 billion, is largest state-chartered bank in Nevada. A full-service bank with 50 branches statewide, Nevada State Bank offers a complete range of consumer, private and business banking services. It is a subsidiary of Salt Lake City-based Zions Bancorporation (Nasdaq: ZION), one of the nation’s premier financial services companies. With affiliates in 10 Western and Southwestern states, 140-year-old Zions Bancorporation has assets of $55.2 billion. For more information on Nevada State Bank, call 702.383.0009 or access www.nsbank.com.