(LAS VEGAS) – Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisees are turning over their stores to some very special individuals for a very special cause! Dunkin’ Donuts is hosting the first-ever “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge” from noon to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 17. Local celebrities and personalities will be working at select Dunkin’ Donuts locations to raise awareness for Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation’s Camp Cartwheel.
NVCCF’s Camp Cartwheel is an outdoor three-night camp experience designed to help children with cancer or other critical illnesses as well as their siblings, overcome the physical, mental and emotional obstacles posed by childhood disease.
Participants and their store locations include:
- Hypnotist Anthony Cools from the Paris Hotel & Casino - 6795 Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Tropicana and Rainbow)
- Channel 13 KTNV Morning Blend host Dao Vu, Pop Rock band Kendra Barry, Matthew Banks, performer with the Blue Man Group and Kathy Jung, executive director of the Nevada SPCA – 6935 N. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89149 (Deer Springs and Durango)
- Claire Sinclair of Pin Up from the Stratosphere Hotel & Casino – 7250 S Durango Dr #100, Las Vegas, NV (Warm Springs and Durango)
- Magician Seth Grabel, America’s Got Talent and The Millionaire Matchmaker alum – 5861 W. Craig Road, Las Vegas, NV 89130 (Craig and Jones)
- Radio personality Johiah Hall from My 93.1 at 3350 E. Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Tropicana and Pecos)
- Pro BMX Rider Ricardo Laguna, Clark County School District Police Department and Miss Nevada Latina Idania Ramirez at 6295 S. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Post and Rainbow)
- Radio personality Tom Chase from 106.5 at 10100 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson, NV 89052 (St. Rose and Eastern)
- The cast of Fantasy at the Luxor – 171 Gibson Road, Henderson, NV, 89014
- Radio personality J.C. Fernandez from Mix 94.1 – 4125 S. Eastern Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Eastern and Flamingo)
- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue – 409 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Silverado Ranch and Bermuda)
- Radio personality Jojo Turnbeaugh from The Bull 95.5 - 7430 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (in front of Las Vegas Outlet Mall)
- Miss Nevada Teen USA Alexa Taylor - 11710 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135
Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas franchisee groups will donate funds to Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation that match the gross sales generated from noon to 2 p.m. on May 17, 2014. Purchase of Dunkin’ K-Cup® packs, Dunkin’ Donuts merchandise and gift cards do not apply.
For more information on the Dunkin’ Donuts “Celebrity Restaurant Challenge,” please visit www.LVDonuts.com. For more information on Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation and its Camp Cartwheel, please visit www.NVCCF.org.
About Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
The Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation (NCCF) is a local non-profit organization providing services in Southern Nevada since 1993. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for critically ill children and their families living in our community. When a child is diagnosed with cancer or other life threatening illness they can look to the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation for support, hope, and courage.
The mission of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation is to provide social, emotional, educational, and psychological support services and programs to families of ALL children diagnosed with life threatening or critical illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell, hemophilia, renal disorders, and immunologic diseases and provide healing arts and wellness programs to adults touched by cancer and to chronically ill children and their caregivers.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for seven years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2012, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.9 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies.
To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or become a follower on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (the local feed is www.twitter.com/DunkinDonutsLV and the national feed is www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).