First Smokin’ Notes BBQ and Jazz Festival at Providence’s Knickerbocker Park on Saturday, April 19
Event features live music, BBQ, sauce competition and Safety Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Smokin’ Notes was created to provide a free family-friendly outdoor event, encompassing barbecue, a favorite American pastime; live music; and kid friendly activities.
The inaugural Smokin’ Notes also will feature a Safety Fair from the Southern Nevada Traffic Safety Coalition (SNTSC). Comprised of Southern Nevada emergency entities, the nonprofit organization was created to increase road and pedestrian safety. The Safety Fair will promote Nevada’s Zero Fatality campaign, and includes a variety of interactive activities throughout the day, including motorcycle safety, beer goggle demonstrations on tricycles, mounted police and more.
SNTSC members also will compete in a BBQ sauce-making competition with attendees getting to sample their creations.
Barbecue food will be available to purchase from Smoken Sams. The Tommy Thompson Project, a past best local jazz band winner in the Review Journal’s The Best of Las Vegas, will perform. Other entertainment will be provided by 97.1 FM The Point.
A children’s activity area will feature chalk drawing, kid-friendly obstacle course and other crafts. P.D., Providence’s beloved canine mascot will be there to interact with the children.
Attendees are invited to bring blankets, picnic baskets and well-behaved, leashed dogs.
Smokin’ Notes is presented by the fast-selling Providence Master Planned Community, 97.1 The Point, and the Providence Master Homeowners Association. For more information, visit www.providencelv.com
11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, April 19, 2014
Key Times (approximate):
- Noon – BBQ Sauce Competition begins between SNTSC members
- 1 p.m. –Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Demonstration
- 1:10 p.m. – George Dare “Buckle Up” performance of his original safety-themed song with children
- 2:20 p.m. – Motorcycle Riding Demonstration
- Other activities continue throughout the day
- Knickerbocker Park in the Providence Master Planned Community, located at 10695 Dorrell Lane
- From I-215 North Beltway and Hualapai Way
- North on N. Hualapai Way.
- West on Dorrell Lane.
- South on Brighton Village Street.
- Brandon Exline, Capital Consultants Management Corporation’s Community Manager for the Providence Master Homeowners Association
- Jenna Bell, Capital Consultants Management Corporation’s Lifestyle Director for the Providence Master Homeowners Association
- JoJo Turnbeaugh, 97.1 The Point-KXPT Program Director
- Southern Nevada Traffic Safety Coalition Representatives, including LVMPD Lieutenant Dave Jacoby
- Providence Residents
Nancy Katz, Purdue Marion & Associates, 702-222-2362 (office), 702-349-0063 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Betsie Wolford, Purdue Marion & Associates, 702-222-2362 (office), 702-956-2233 (cell) or email@example.com
# # #