LAS VEGAS – The Nevada Association of REALTORS (NVAR) honored its leading members at an awards event in Las Vegas Thursday night, naming longtime industry leader Patty Kelley its 2013 Nevada REALTOR of the Year and recognizing five others from around the state for their continued service to their association, their profession and their communities.
Kelley, a longtime Las Vegas REALTOR, served as NVAR’s 2013 president after serving as its president-elect in 2012. She is a past president of the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS and has served on numerous GLVAR and NVAR committees. She and her husband, Keith, also a past president of both NVAR and GLVAR, run their own Southern Nevada-based real estate firm, Kelley & Associates.
At its annual awards event at the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas, NVAR also honored the following longtime members:
• Ken Amundson – Nevada Distinguished REALTOR Award for ongoing and consistent service to NVAR and the real estate profession. Amundson, a REALTOR for 18 years, works with Exit 500 First Choice in Reno. He has been active in numerous state and local associations, including serving as a past president of the Reno-Sparks Association of REALTORS (RSAR).
• Mark Ashworth – REALTOR Active in Politics Award for government affairs advocacy and activities. Ashworth, of Trans-Action Realty 500 in Reno, has been active in state and local associations for nearly all of his 10 years working as a local REALTOR. He was honored for playing a leading role in government affairs initiatives supporting private property rights and other causes that have been vital to the industry.
• Myrna Kingham – Joe Nolan Award recognizing spirit, passion and professionalism in serving fellow REALTORS in Nevada. Kingham, a longtime Las Vegas REALTOR with Vegas Group Realty, is a past president of GLVAR. She has been a leader in the industry and active member of the state and local associations for 35 years.
• Kolleen Kelley – REALTOR Achievement Award for outstanding service to local and state associations, as chosen by NVAR’s president. Kolleen Kelley, a longtime Las Vegas REALTOR who is not related to Patty Kelley, works with Elite Realty.
She is also a past president of the GLVAR and will serve as NVAR’s president in 2014 after serving as NVAR president-elect in 2013.
• Greg Martin – LeadershipNVAR Outstanding Graduate award. Martin, of Elko, has been an NVAR member for many years and works at Coldwell Banker Algerio/Q Team Realty. He is currently serving as the dean of the LeadershipNVAR program. This NVAR award recognizes an outstanding graduate of the association’s leadership program, now in its 14th year. The award recognizes the service, leadership, vision and positive results of the outstanding graduate. Martin, a past president of the Elko Association of REALTORS, was chosen in large part for leading a successful fundraising campaign for the Family Resource Center of Northeastern Nevada. This nonprofit helps more than 14,000 needy families each year in Elko County. He helped the center develop a permanent home for its services.
About the NVAR
The Nevada Association of REALTORS is a professional trade association with more than 13,000 members. NVAR is committed to protecting, promoting and preserving our communities. Visit www.NVAR.org.
# # #