HENDERSON, Nev. – The Henderson Chamber of Commerce hosted its inaugural Business on the RISE awards ceremony Nov. 21, and seven businesses and three individuals were honored with awards.
During the ceremony, awards were announced in six categories. Honorees included:
- Marriott Munchables, Business on the RISE Award
- S.A.F.E. House, Outstanding Non-Profit Award
- Kyklos Greek Café, All in the Family Award
- Grape Expectations, Innovation Award
- Emerald Island Casino, Outstanding Community Service Award
- PostNet411, Above & Beyond award
Other awards included:
- Bob Anderson (partner with Snell & Wilmer), Board Member of the Year
- Bill Bokelmann (chairman of the chamber’s Ambassador Committee), Ambassador of the Year
- Larry Seedig (retired USAA Bank president), Spirit of Henderson award
- Black Mountain Golf and Country Club, Staying Power award
- Laird Noble Sanders, Noble Award
Nominations were accepted from the community, and a committee vetted the nominations. Three finalists from each category were chosen and members of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce voted to select the winners.
“We are pleased to honor so many great Henderson Chamber members and supporters,” said Scott Muelrath, president and CEO of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce.
The Noble Award, a new annual award named for Laird Noble Sanders, an enthusiastic supporter of the Henderson Chamber for the last 17 years, was also introduced. In the future, the award will be given annually to a small business that is an exemplary member supporting the mission of the Henderson Chamber.
The Henderson Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit, voluntary organization committed to promoting and supporting member businesses and economic development.
Those interested in the 2013 Business on the RISE Awards can call the Henderson Chamber of Commerce at 702-565-8951 or visit www.hendersonchamber.com.